Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Immutable

The Word of the Day for October 29 is "immutable."
immutable: (adjective) Not subject or susceptible to change.

Synonym: changeless

Usage: Destiny was too potent, and her immutable laws had decreed my utter and terrible destruction.

Relevance to my life: Denial is a strong force, it prompted me to bang myself against the truth, an immutable brick wall, but no matter how many times I screamed "No," my child was still dead.

What it is NOT: unable to be muted -
The Mute button on the damned remote is stuck, now the tv is immutable! wrong but funny lol

Example from the movies: In The Shawshank Redemption, when Andy naïvely mentions that he might simply ask Warden Norton for more funds to expand the library, Brooks explains that that is not likely to happen:
"Son, six wardens have been through here in my tenure and I've learned one immutable, universal truth: Not one of them born whose asshole won't pucker up tighter than a snare drum when you ask for funds."

Now for some scenes from the movie, and other randomness:





Icy-cold, Bohemia-style beer



Mozart



Escape







Clancy Brown, who played Captain Hadley, the foul-mouthed, baton-wielding guard also provided the voice of Mr. Krabs from Spongebob and the arch-enemy The Kurgan in Highlander. This naturally makes me think of Queen.
Who Wants to Live Forever

No comments:

Post a Comment