Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Monday, October 20, 2008

Dumbstruck

The Word of the Day for October 20 is "dumbstruck."
dumbstruck: (adjective) So shocked or astonished as to be rendered spechlesss.

Synonyms: dumbfounded, dumbstricken, flabbergasted, stupefied, thunderstruck

Usage: He stood dumbstruck in the doorway as the partygoers yelled "Surprise!" in unison.

Relevance to my life: His comment: "You know, you're a damn fine-looking woman now, but do you know how drop-dead you'd be with a little plastic surgery?" left me uncharacteristically dumbstruck, and wondering if all men are born without that filter between the brain and the mouth or if it's just the ones who are interested in me.

What it is NOT: "hit with the stupid stick" or any other derivation of dumb meaning unintelligent, although I like the image of being hit with the stupid stuck.
I was stricken dumb by these video clips this morning only because I was laughing too hard to breathe and was therefore unable to speak:









I can't see office clips without dragging out the next two:





"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."


No comments:

Post a Comment