Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Despairing

The Word of the Day for October 2 is "despairing."
despairing (adjective) Characterized by or resulting from despair; hopeless.

Synonyms: desperate

Usage: The set-back to their hopes made them despairing and desperate.

Relevance to my life: The Great Online Dating Experiment I have embarked on over the past two years has left me despairing of ever being in a normal relationship again. Although the prospect of a wider pool of applicants is indeed a lure for some, so is the temptation to toss back the small ones in hopes of a bigger catch: I feel like a small mutated sea bass in an ocean of brightly-colored tropical fish.
If only I were joking.


Boy, do I need this weekend away with my girlfriends. I may even get a tattoo.



And just because this makes me laugh every time I see it:






Yes, I do have a juvenile sense of humor sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment