Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sanguineous

The Word of the Day for October 25 is "sanguineous."
sanguineous: (adjective)  Relating to or involving blood or bloodshed.

Synonyms: butcherly, gory, slaughterous

Usage: He was an angry youth with a sanguineous temperament and was always getting into fights.

Relevance to my life: The OB nurse's eyes fixed in shock on the sheets of my hospital bed, made sanguineous by the mixed blood from me and my child which poured out of my body in a rush of amniotic fluid, cold evidence that she had been negligent in dismissing my fears that something had gone horribly wrong with my labor.
This is straight from the Davinci Code:

The Sanguineous Sekhmet Saga


People never seem to get tired of their spooky cults, do they?

If you like a story about secret societies,  the sinister occult and conspiracy theories, then another good read is the "thinking person's Davinci Code:" Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco.

No comments:

Post a Comment