Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sulfurous

The Word of the Day for November 26 is "sulfurous."
sulfurous: (adjective)
  1. Of, related to, or containing sulfur or derived from sulfur
  2. Harsh or corrosive in tone
  3. Of, related to, or dealing with the fire of hell
Synonyms: acid, blistering, caustic, vitriolic, sulphurous, acrid, acerbic, bitter, virulent

Usage: Her sulfurous denunciation of the governor was aired on the news that evening.

Relevance to my life: If I had had my eyes open, I would have known that he was no good, uttering poisoned words on sulfurous breath; I should have, at the very least, taken notice of the horns sprouting from his head, but, blinded by an excess of emotion, I fell for him, his subtle flattery and intoxicating presence. The years have slipped past, but still I get a not-so-unpleasant shiver when I think of my time with him.


In honor of other fiendish men out there:


"I'm a Humanist."
I love this movie. I love the twist.





"You will live."
I'll take any opportunity to watch my second-favorite Swedish actor and my all-time favorite villain Peter Stormare even if it is yet another film with Keanu Reeves





"I am always open, even on Christmas."
Viggo, my favorite actor.








Now for some dirty rotten scoundrels:


"Ve must try something a little more stringent."
I'd forgotten how funny this movie was


No comments:

Post a Comment