Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Friday, November 21, 2008

Remiss

The Word of the Day for November 21 is "remiss."
remiss: (adjective)
  1. Lax in attending to duty.
  2. Exhibiting carelessness or slackness.
Synonyms: delinquent, derelict, neglectful

Usage: I had been remiss in the fulfillment of my obligations and failed to pay my bills on time, so my landlord evicted me.

Relevance to my Life: I was remiss in attending to anything but the most basic daily tasks of taking care of myself when I lapsed into that depression after my son died. For the first few days, my focus was on taking one solid breath after another in order to keep from screaming. Some people urged me and my husband to throw ourselves into work or other mindless activities in order to soldier through the roughest times, but that was inconceivable.
Ha! I can't think of the word "inconceivable" without leaping straight to The Princess Bride.



Inconceivable!






Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You Killed my father. Prepare to die.
As big a crush as I had on Cary Elwes, I think I like Mandy Patinkin more.






Wuv, Twoo Wuv
And I know I posted this clip in a bulletin earlier this week, but this is perhaps the funniest wedding scene ever.





My Awful Wedded Wife
Oh, except perhaps for this one:






You may wonder why sometimes I post something painful in the "relevance to my life" section and then go on to add funny, random or stupid things in the same post. Well I would be remiss in my duties as a person if I gave the impression that my life is nothing but pain 24/7.

Although the dark shit has provided me with ample fodder for writing, it is my ability to laugh and see something funny in almost any situation, even when it's dark humor, that has been my saving grace.

Besides, I try to stay true to my random train of thought. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment