Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Inanimate

The Word of the Day for November 19 is "inanimate."
inanimate: (adjective)
  1. Not having the qualities associated with active, living organisms.
  2. Not animated or energetic; dull.
  3. Grammar Belonging to the class of nouns that stand for nonliving things.
Synonyms: pulseless, breathless

Usage: I had worked hard for nearly two years, for the sole purpose of infusing life into an inanimate body.

Relevance to my life: The first weekend after he moved out, I mostly sat in the dark and drank, slowly morphing into some oddly-shaped projection out of the couch, deadening all sensations, rendering myself mute and inanimate; even my breathing seemed to stop as I slipped into a listless, leaden state of deferred shock.

And now, the award for the Best Inanimate Object Skit goes to...




I love the Muppet Show!



In trying to pick my favorite Muppet Show moment, I found that I couldn't choose between the Swedish Chef's doughnut and lobster skits, so here they both are:


Making doughnuts





Cooking lobsters




No comments:

Post a Comment