Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Nuzzle

The Word of the Day for November 27 is "nuzzle."
nuzzle: (verb)
  1. Move or arrange oneself into a comfortable and cozy position.
  2. Rub noses together.
Synonyms: cuddle, draw close, nest, nestle, snuggle

Usage: We nuzzled against each other to keep warm and quickly fell asleep.

Relevance to my life: He crawled under the comforter with me, nuzzled his face against my neck and held me tightly in his arms and we lounged in drowsy warmth as the blizzard raged quietly outside our window.



I love snow. A good blizzard or Nor'easter is quite something. I love the idea of something vast, cold and silent covering up passion, rage, murder, whatever.



The Ice Storm
I read a review of this movie once which claimed that this movie expressed perfectly the "frigidity of the WASP soul," which is something that really offended me. No one culture or race has primacy on emotion, or even how it's expressed.
It's stereotypes like these which only split people further apart.







Snow Falling on Cedars
As beautifully-realized as this film is, the book is many times better.





Kill Bill, Vol. 1
Showdown at the House of Blue Leaves
Another absolutely fantastic scene in the snow







The Shining
Ok, so sometimes being out in a blizzard in a maze with your insane father chasing you with a ax isn't a beautiful thing.
Oh, and could someone please give Shelley Duvall a sandwich? She needs fattening up.







And because I am feeling nostalgic today, a link to an old post of mine involving both nuzzling and snowfall.

Happy Thanksgiving.



It's Indescribably Beautiful





No comments:

Post a Comment