Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Monday, November 24, 2008

Cockeyed

The Word of the Day for November 24 is "cockeyed."
cockeyed: (adjective)
  1. Turned or twisted toward one side.
  2. Foolish; ridiculous; absurd.
  3. Askew; crooked.
  4. Intoxicated; drunk.
Synonyms: askew, awry, lopsided, wonky

Usage: He noticed that his tie was cockeyed and made sure to straighten it before meeting with the company executives.

Relevance to my life: His cockeyed view of events, which were at odds with my own understanding of them led me to marvel that two people could see the same situation from such diametrically opposing viewpoints. It's one thing to have slight differences in narrative, but when the facts are so utterly contradictory, one has to wonder if sanity (or lack thereof), or simple spiteful grudges color perspectives..




Cockeyed Optimist from South Pacific
I could never be mistaken for a cockeyed optimist; a clear-eyed cynic, perhaps.




I'm Gonna Wash that Man Right Out of my Hair (also from South Pacific)
Indeed this is what I should be doing. Maybe when I dye my hair today...




Edelweiss
It's a Rogers and Hammerstein morning here Chez Babs. I tried to find the clip of this song where the von Trapps sang it at the national festival and the audience was singing along, but couldn't find it.




I Can't Say No
Oh my. How timely...and eerily familiar





Shall We Dance?
This is a great scene.Yul Brynner was magnificent, a great example of bald being sexy.





Getting to Know You
I was in this musical once and I was the principal fan dancer with Anna in this scene. That was fun. I think I still have my fan somewhere. The choreography sessions were fun as we were learning Thai dance steps. The dance begins at 2:46.


No comments:

Post a Comment