Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fixity

The Word of the Day for September 24 is "fixity."
fixity: (noun) The quality of being incapable of mutation.

Synonyms: immutability, immutableness

Usage: Darwin challenged the fixity of species with his theory of evolution.

Relevance to my life: One beau's persistent phone calls, emails, Instant Messages, text messages and late-night drive-bys past my house - after I'd broken off our relationship - demonstrated a fixity of intent which annoyed me enough to prompt me to christen him "Stalker Boy."

What it is NOT - but perhaps should be: (a synonym for the idiom "a quick fix.") I had been on the phone for so long last night that I desperately needed a fixity of coffee to peel my eyes open this morning.

I'm having two tons of fun with this. Perhaps I could do this for a living: (yet another) Devil's Dictionary for the 21st century.

Dream big, right?


Photobucket


Whatever. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment