Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Monday, October 11, 2010

Zealotry

The Word of the Day for October 11 is "zealotry."

zealotry: (noun) Excessive intolerance of opposing views.

Synonyms: Fanaticism.

Usage: We will continue to support the global fight against terrorism and zealotry.

Relevance to my Life: Her previously-unspoken zealotry became apparent to me as soon as I saw the wide array of bumper stickers on her Ford station wagon, from Westboro Baptist Church-approved sentiments on homosexuality to a pro-life sticker featuring a baby seal imploring me to save the baby humans.


I was going to showcase clips from movies which dealt with zealotry, but started crying halfway through the trailer for Schindler's List, so instead I'll leave this as a short blog entry. I don't have it in me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment