Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Entangle

The Word of the Day for October 7 is "entangle."

entangle: (verb) Twist together or entwine into a confusing mass.

Synonyms: mat, snarl

Usage:
The door handle had entangled itself with the strap of her bag.

Relevance to My Life: The pull-string on my canvas jacket had entangled itself in the turnstile at the entrance to one of Seoul's busiest subway stations, and at the height of morning rush hour, no less. Still foggy-headed from jet-lag, I fumbled fruitlessly with the string, hoping to untangle it from the gate mechanism as the line of commuters grew behind me. Red-faced and near tears, I apologized as best I could in my rudimentary Korean, when a gentleman stepped up and quickly helped thread the strings around the bar, freeing me.





Lost in Translation trailer

No movie captures the experience of being in a foreign country where you are so severely jet-lagged that you can only stumble around in a haze, not understanding a thing that is going on around you quite like Sophia Coppola's "Lost in Translation."










For Relaxing Times, Make it Santori Time

The look on his face at the director's shouts of what I can only assume is "Cut-cut-cut!" is priceless.












Sean Connery - Suntory Whiskey Ad


I had no idea that this whisky was even real, but I wonder if Sean Connery would do a spoof ad.

Hilarious.










And now for another whisky advertisement...


Scotch Whisky Commercial - Haka Kilts

Remember, it's a kilt; if they wore anything underneath it, then it would be a skirt.











All Blacks - aka "Ka Mate"


To be fair to the All Blacks, here is an ad showcasing one of their pre-game hakas which must be awesome and terrifying face-to-face.






No comments:

Post a Comment