Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Stigmatize

The Word of the Day for October 14 is "stigmatize."

stigmatize: (verb) To accuse or condemn as disgraceful.

Synonyms: brand, denounce, mark.

Usage: She was stigmatized because she had a child out of wedlock.

Relevance to My Life: At the opulent holiday party thrown by my husband's employer, I came to anticipate his coworkers' and their spouses' questions about my livelihood with a kind of amused dread; upon learning that I was "just a stay at home mom," I could see their eyes glaze over for that brief instant before they fled, leaving me standing there, stigmatized as an uninteresting frump who would have nothing worthwhile to contribute to a lively intellectual conversation.


Please, Housewives are bad-ass.



Teresa at the Last Supper

Someone ought to tell these chicks that they're boring frumps.

Ok, ok, so these chicks don't really count as housewives, but they're definitely something else.











The Real Housewives of Atlanta - Better Tardy Than Never

I don't think a single one of these women spend any time at all doing the endless loads of laundry that seem to be my lot in life. Might wreck their heinously tacky nails.









The Real Housewives of Orange County Visit Bellagio spa and salon

Watch as they try to turn a normal woman into one of them. *sigh* Nearly everything about these women is fake. It is staggering.

I have to admit though, the waxing scene was pretty funny.








Suburban Housewife

"Mother's Cure."








Mother's Little Helper

Or as the Rolling Stones put it nearly 40 years ago...




No comments:

Post a Comment