Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Friday, March 27, 2009

Admittance

The Word of the Day for March 27 is "admittance."

admittance: (noun) The right to enter.

Synonyms: access, entree, admission, accession

Usage: Anyone who picked an apple gained admittance into the golden castle, and there in a silver room sat an enchanted Princess of surpassing fairness and beauty.

Relevance to my Life: My kids labor under the misconception that since they are my flesh and blood, they needn't ask for admittance when I seek "special quiet time." Cloaked with a child's self-entitlement, they burst in on me fearlessly, asking, "Mommy, where are you? What are you doing? Are you peeing or pooping?"



Parenthood trailer
Before kids, I used to think that this movie was funny; after kids, I have come to realize that it is screamingly funny, and right on the mark.








Frank Buchman Needs Advice
He's probably right; it never ends.







Steve Martin & the Muppets do Dueling Banjos
That's no joke. Steve's hell on a banjo.








Dueling Banjos
I had to do this one too.








World's Fastest Banjo Player
I think I've posted this before, but it's too amazing to pass up.



No comments:

Post a Comment