Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Monday, March 9, 2009

Dunk

The Word of the Day for March 9 is "dunk."

dunk: (verb) To plunge into liquid; immerse.

Synonyms: dip, douse, plunge, souse

Usage: She instructed me to dunk the garment in the dye for fifteen minutes, but I accidentally for got it in the bucket for an hour!

Relevance to my life: As I made the perfect G and T with Boodles gin, Polar tonic and Rose's Sweetened Lime Juice Cordial, I was nearly salivating as I added the final touch: dunking a hefty wedge of lime in with the ice cubes.



G and Ts are a summer drink for me. There is something about the bright, citrusy lime and crisp, juniperiness gin which scream out "HEAT WAVE!"

I always used to like Bombay Sapphire in the blue glass bottle, both because I'm oddly attracted to square-ish bottles and blue glass. Plus, it features a stern-looming Queen Victoria on it. How can that be bad, I ask you?



Then a friend turned me on to Boodles.

Oh, how my taste buds sang!

Ever since then, all other brands of gin seem harsh, with a definite tang of Pine-Sol.





Tanqueray is no Boodles, but these Tony Sinclair commercials got a snicker out of me.





No comments:

Post a Comment