Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Friday, March 13, 2009

Permeate

The Word of the Day for March 13 is "permeate."

permeate: (verb) To spread or flow throughout.


Synonyms: imbue, pervade, interpenetrate, diffuse, riddle, penetrate


Usage: An atmosphere of distrust has permeated this administration.


Relevance to my life: By the time I had returned from dropping my younger daughter off at school and walked into the kitchen, the smell of freshly-brewed coffee had permeated the kitchen and enveloped me in a snug haze rife with the promise of caffeine.


Java Jive

Sing it with me!







Coffee Cantata
Even J.S. Bach got in on it. This is too great not to plug. It's a secular cantata which satirizes coffee-addiction. In the following aria, the soprano declares her love for coffee:

"Mm! how sweet the coffee tastes, more delicious than a thousand kisses, mellower than muscatel wine. Coffee, coffee I must have, and if someone wishes to give me a treat, ah, then pour me out some coffee!"


For a short synopsis of the cantata read this







Latte Art... in Dutch
I may have to try this today.



No comments:

Post a Comment