Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bonanza

The Word of the Day for March 11 is "bonanza"

bonanza:(noun) Sudden and unexpected luck or wealth.

Synonyms: boom, bunce, godsend, gold rush, gravy, manna from heaven, windfall

Usage: Shop keepers in seaside towns enjoy a bonanza in hot summers.

Relevance to my life: When I was a kid, on Christmas morning my sister and I would race down to the living room at an obscenely early hour, and even though we knew that there would be presents waiting for us, we always looked at each other, eyes agog, dumbstruck at the bonanza.



I'll be singing this song all day now

Don't they all look so young?







"That's like 91 to you and me!"

It's terrible, but when I think of Lorne Greene, Alpo commercials come first; Bonanza comes second.







Little House on the Prairie Theme

For little girls in the 1970s everywhere, Little House was one of the highlights of a bleak tv week. Who among us didn't wish we had those cool pinafores? Also, didn't we each have a Nellie Oleson-nemesis in elementary school? Oh yeah.








And now for the good stream of consciousness trick. Pernell Roberts played the oldest Cartright son, Adam on Bonanza. He also starred in the M*A*S*H spin-off Trapper John, M.D., but it wasn't as good as the original M*A*S*H series, which was great from start to finish.



Goodbye, Farewell and Amen

My second favorite scene from the finale - I couldn't find a clip with the kiss











Have a great day, everyone, and please check out today's parenting moment:




No comments:

Post a Comment