Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Friday, October 2, 2009

Slimy

The Word of the Day for Friday, October 2 is "slimy."

slimy: (adjective) Morally reprehensible.

Synonyms: despicable, vile, worthless, ugly, unworthy, wretched

Usage: "You are a slimy little liar," she yelled as she ran from the room in tears.

Relevance to my life: I was not surprised to hear from the slimy bastard again; I'd heard that his chasing 20 year-old tail had amounted to nothing. Lo and behold, he has come knocking on my door again. Apparently he kept me on the books as a back-up plan.


And now, for some slimy bastards in action:



Razzle-Dazzle from Chicago


In Chicago, Richard Gere plays the ultimate in sleazy, slimy bastard lawyers.

True fun fact: I saw him in person years ago in Washington DC when he was introducing a special envoy of the Dalai Lama at a Free Tibet rally. In person, Richard Gere is unbelievably good-looking. I was not expecting that.










Cellblock Tango


I can't post video clips from Chicago and not include this one. This is quite simply the best scene from the entire show.

Whenever I watch this show it makes me wish I'd kept up with my dance lessons. *sigh*









Thank You for Smoking


Aaron Eckhart plays a lobbyist for Big Tobacco, which is kind of the epitome of slimy bastardness, isn't it?

Great movie. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend that you do.








Roman Polanski in "Chinatown"


Now for a real-life slimy bastard who's been in the news recently. I don't care if he does have buckets of talent and a long history of tragedy in his past.

The fact remains that he raped a child and fled before sentencing. He needs to pay
for his crime like any other rapist and fugitive from justice would.









No comments:

Post a Comment