Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Etch

The Word of the Day for October 29 is "etch."

etch: (verb) Carve or cut a design into.

Synonyms: engrave

Usage: The wedding planner hired an artist to etch the couple's monogram on two champagne flutes.

Relevance to My Life: When my dad sat next to me at my son's funeral, I noticed for the first time, the deep lines that grief and worry had etched into his face; those same lines had been seared indelibly onto my heart.



Who can think of the word etch without automatically jumping to "Etch-A-Sketch?" I still love those things.




Mr. Spock Timelapse Etch-A-Sketch Portrait

This is incredible.










"Whoops 2008!" By The Etch-A-Sketch Man

I could do without the music, or maybe it's just that I'm overstimulated this morning, but this was pretty cool.









Is it a Good Idea to Microwave an Etch-A-Sketch?

These guys are my new favorites.










Is it a Good Idea to Microwave a Lava Lamp?

These guys were too much fun to leave at one video clip today






Is it a Good Idea to Microwave a Glow Stick?

It was either this one or the Axe body spray or the Furbys.




No comments:

Post a Comment