Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Slovenly

The Word of the Day for October 6 is "slovenly."

slovenly: (adjective) Negligent of neatness especially in dress and person; habitually dirty and unkempt.

Synonyms: frowzy, sloppy, slipshod

Usage: He was clad in a professional but rather slovenly fashion, for his frock-coat was dingy and his trousers frayed.

Relevance to my life: When I'm deep in a depression, I tend to wear the same comfortable clothes every day and stay wrapped up in blankets on the couch; immune to my outward slovenly appearance, I remain focused inward.



When I'm depressed, I may watch something funny to try to get me to crack a smile, or I may immerse myself in something depressing and soul-crushing.

Here are some of my favorites:



One of my favorite Scrubs episodes, done in musical format


My Musical (1 of 3) - Scrubs


The third song @ 4:17, "Everything Comes Does to Poo" makes me cry, but for all the right reasons.









My Musical (2 of 3) - Scrubs


A rant sung by Dr. Cox @ 2:20.








My Musical (3 of 3) - Scrubs


Guy Love. What more can I say?








Sometimes I want something macabre. That's when I reach for Dexter:


Dexter & Doakes


This is just a great show.









What I usually watch when I'm lost in a soul-searing depression is all 5 seasons of Six Feet Under, from the beginning...


Six feet Under - pilot


"Your father is dead and my pot roast is ruined." Just like that, this series hooked me.








...to the end.




Claire leaves home.



In my opinion, the best series finale.






No comments:

Post a Comment