Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Peck

The Word of the Day for April 15 is "peck."
peck: (noun)
  1. A large quantity; a lot.

  2. A unit of dry volume or capacity in the U.S. Customary System equal to 8 quarts or approximately 537.6 cubic inches.

  3. A container holding or measuring a peck.

Synonyms: good deal, hatful, lot, passel, mint, slew, spate, was, stack, raft, mountain, pile, plenty, mass, batch, heap, deal, flock, pot, mess

Usage: The class clown was sent to the principal's office, where he found himself in a peck of trouble.

Relevance to my life: One of my favorite expressions, which I heard from the s2bx one time when we were washing potatoes for Thanksgiving dinner, is "You gotta eat a peck of dirt before you die."







The Bucket List
"Eat a peck of dirt" is not on my official Bucket List, but skydiving is.








Kopi Luwak
I have laughed like this. *crosses off my list*








"You fooled 'em all."
A good scene from my favorite Jack Nicholson movie








Andy plays Mozart
One of the best scenes from my favorite Morgan Freeman movie.








Wild Bill
Another excellent movie adaptation of a Stephen King novel. That Wild Bill's a pissah.








The Shining ending
This brings us back to Jack Nicholson. Full-circle, how lovely.








No comments:

Post a Comment