Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Monday, April 13, 2009

Derisory

The Word of the Day for April 13 is "derisory."

derisory: (adjective) Incongruous; inviting ridicule.

Synonyms: absurd, cockeyed, idiotic, laughable, ludicrous, nonsensical, preposterous, ridiculous

Usage: The shareholders dismissed the lowball offer as derisory.

Relevance to my life: The girls first viewed my changes to their favorite recipe (boxed Mac and Cheese) as derisory, but I won them over with the homemade baked mac and cheese in the end. Lucy gave me an enthusiastic two thumbs up and said, "Gee Mommy, this is the best 'smack and cheese' ever!" Damn straight, kid.



The Battle of Wits
The Sicilian certainly thought The Dread Pirate Roberts's challenge to a battle of wits to be derisory. "Inconceivable!" Too bad for him.










The Battle of Wits in Legos
I am easily amused.









Hello, My name is Inigo Montoya...
Yet another great scene from a timeless classic.










The Wedding
"Mawwige." I can't help but snicker at weddings now.









The Most Reverend Mr. Bean
One funny wedding scene deserves another.





No comments:

Post a Comment