Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Monday, December 1, 2008

Sacrilege

The Word of the day for December 1 is "sacrilege."
sacrilege: (noun)
  1. Desecration, profanation, misuse, or theft of something sacred.
  2. Disrespect for a person who is widely admired or a belief that is widely accepted
Synonyms: blasphemy, desecration, profanation

Usage: I entreat you, if you be a Christian gentleman, not to kill me, which will be committing grave sacrilege, for I am a licentate and I hold first orders.

Relevance to my Life: I had committed the greatest sacrilege in his eyes: While shifting my drafting table to another position, I had accidently moved one of his guitars - in its case- and set it upside down. He asked me, clearly upset, "Did you do it on purpose?"


I'm not going the horror-movie route with this word today. Instead, a different kind of sacrilege:



Brooke's Alibi
A sacrilege in the fitness community at least








Stephen Colbert
Upstaging Letterman? Sacrilege!








David Sedaris
The mention of Amy Sedaris in the previous clip automatically led me to this






More David Sedaris
Reading from Me Talk Pretty One Day



No comments:

Post a Comment