Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Monday, December 8, 2008

Yammer

The Word of the Day for December 8 is "yammer."
yammer: (verb) To complain peevishly or whimperingly.

Synonyms: grizzle, yawp, whine

Usage: I refused to do my chores, electing instead to yammer and whine about the injustices of life.

Relevance to my Life: The other evening when faced with dinner's offering of Spaghetti Bolognese which I'd spent the better portion of the day preparing, my two kids whom I've affectionately nicknamed "My Rotten Babies" spent a good ten minutes yammering about what a Mean Mommy I was to serve them that instead of the much more fun canned Chef Boyardee Dinosaurs with Mini Meatballs.



*More yammering below...




Corner Gas: "Whiner Takes All" Part I
The only thing worse than a whiny child is a whiny adult





Part II






Part III






*Whine-time. OK, Corner Gas is from Canada, and yes, it gets cold in Canada on occasion, but shit. It's cold here, too.

It's 3F / -16C right now. Thankfully, the blustery wind from yesterday and last night has died down, or it'd be like -20F / -29C.

Brrrr.

I'm glad that I'm going out for coffee in a while. I may get a fancy-schmancy latte. OOOOOOO, a gingerbread latte would be wicked awesome. :O

No comments:

Post a Comment